Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Future of Libraries--2.0 and Beyond

I enjoyed the articles about Library/Librarians 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and beyond! I've always envisioned libraries as being available 24/7, 360 degrees. I'm looking forward to going to the spa, and, on my way out, checking the kiosk for a resource regarding the best way to keep my nails healthy or downloading a new relaxation file to listen to on the way home.

I also see roadside rest stops that have similar kiosks for printing hard copy or downloading computer files of books and music, as well as multimedia, interactive access to geographic/travel information. Next, we'll need to figure a way to transmit collective intelligence through telepathy. I wonder just how many generations away that will be...? :o}

1 comment:

LoneStarLibrarian said...

Cool ideas. I'm with you on the spa idea.